Friday, May 15, 2009

New Cleaning Strategy: 30 min. Speed Clean

I call my brother in law, Mr. Clean. That dude can tidy up a place in a heartbeat. His mom was the queen of clean. She taught me to take blinds off your windows and dunk them in the bath tub to get them clean. Honestly, I had no idea blinds in apartments could be so dirty. They are. They may look clean, but the water I saw that day was black. Ugh.

Anyway, I dropped in on my sis the other day and she had her timer going and she was running around tidying up. She said she was "speed cleaning". Apparently they clean in 15 to 30 minute bursts, during the day. That way they aren't bored with the monotony of chores and are keeping the place in check.

I've been giving it a try. It works! Don't come to my house right now, b/c I haven't been home long enough the last 24 hours to do squat-o-la...but on days when I am around. I feel like this is a pretty worthy method of tidying up.

Um, technically I am suppose to be doing said "speed cleaning" right now, but I decided to get on the blog and tell you about it instead...so I better get back to work!

No comments: