Saturday, June 27, 2009


I made dinner recently for some friends. I picked up two watermelons at the store and when I went to cut the first one, I was astonished to find it yellow on the inside instead of red. I have never seen a yellow watermelon!!! At first I thought something was terribly wrong, so I called my husband, who works with a plant breeding company, and he assured me that it was okay. It's just a variety of watermelons. A plant breeder just decided it would be fun to have yellow watermelons. My family tasted it, and it tasted exactly the same as a regular watermelon.

This brought me to a question, when preparing a meal...do you stick with the oridnary or do you offer something new??? I voted not to share the yellow watermelon. It was just a little too weird for me.

No comments: