Friday, February 26, 2010

Getting a house ready to sell.

No one is ever ready to sell their house. As far as I can tell, making improvements on your home, especially to sell, is a never ending process. In some cases it is because we haven't kept up with maintaining things as we been homeowners, but it is also because you have to convince someone to buy the place you live in. Which means, clean walls, clean carpets, decluttering and depersonalizing. Honestly, for this perfectionist, I may have met a the task that has taught me more about myself that I care to know.

First of all, I can't stop messing with perfecting things. It's ridiculous. I get up early, I got to bed late...I do and redo. While the perks of having a neat and tidy home are nice, our house doesn't feel lived in. Which makes me sort of sad.

I've spent a great deal of time talking with folks that have sold their homes and this is the conclusion I've come to:

We can prep and plan and perfect all we want, but ultimately, the right buyer is going to walk in and take the house regardless of all our perfecting. For me this is really what I would call "a God thing". He just knows what we need.

I have had to spend a lot of time apologizing to God just lately for my bad form and perfecting nonsense. This is ultimately about Him and what he wants for our family. And we have to believe that what He wants for us, is better for us. than we can imagine.

No comments: