Wednesday, April 16, 2008

The Freak Out

For awhile now, I've really been challenged when it came to opening up my home to others. Recently, I've had a change of heart. This blog is about having people into your home. Also, it will be a place for recipes, to share thoughts hospitality and other stuff.

The Background
I am an introvert. I am good with that. I recognize who I am. I recognized pretty early on that while I am pretty easy to get along with as a guest, I tend to to freak out when expected to be a hostess. In my little world, you don't just drop in on people unexpectedly- you make an appointment to visit. What if my house is a mess? And don't bother scheduling an appointment either, because I will have to clean every nook and cranny of my house, because I wouldn't want you to see that I actually "live" in my house.

Even as a teenager I did my best to avoid having friends over to my house. As someone married to a friendly guy, who loves to have people over and get together with others, I found myself in a lot of trouble. Then after lending my womb out to my two little girls, they would take after their dad, and become kids who love to have people over. How could God do that to me? I am out numbered in my own household!

I really have no excuse for not knowing how to like and do hosting. I come from a long line of great hosts and hostesses. I grew up around some of the most gracious and well equipped hosts of all time.

This blog is dedicated to those of us who "freak out" at the thought of people coming over. I'm encouraging some of my friends and family with the natural Martha Stewart and Food Network talents contribute, so we can all benefit and learn about the art of extending a warm welcome to the people in our lives.

I want to let people out in the world of blogging know about how God has really brought me through a time in my life where having people into my home would nearly cause a panic attack, to being able to enjoy the people that walk into our lives and homes. This is too good of a story for me not to share. God can change us. Let me share my journey with you.....

No comments: