Saturday, April 19, 2008

Preschool Parties- Easter



Having kids and having people into your home can sometimes be a challenge. There is a group of women here in my neighborhood, who all have the opportunity to be at home with their kids during the day. So, I thought, why not have a gathering that is focused on the kids, but fun for the moms too?

One thing that I've been doing over the last several months is having a pre-schoolers party.


My goal is to do these parties for less than $25.

Here is the menu:

Orange slices (these didn't go over well)
Apple slices (2 apples, were very popular)
Juice Boxes (Sesame Street fruit punch-smaller box-good for this group)
Funfetti Cupcakes with Funfetti Icing
Hot Tea and Iced water for the mom's to drink

I decorated with things I already had, stuffed bunnies and lambs, easter baskets. I bought a green table cloth from the dollar store and cut it in half for the kids table. I had most of the easter eggs already, and stuffed them with goldfish crackers, stickers and jellybeans (all really inexpensive) I had about 12 eggs per kid. The craft was an Easter "welcome" Door hanger for their doors. I got that craft at a craft store I bought the door hangers for 3 for a dollar and used a 50% off coupon on the foam stickers.

So, we did a craft, an easter hunt, had a snack and did freeplay. 1 hour and 15 minutes is just the right amount of time for this age.

It was a lot of fun!

No comments: