Thursday, December 4, 2008

I did try the sugar cookies...


...and they turned out wonderfully! We had some friends and a neighbor over (7 cookie making kids total) and I made the cookie dough the night before (which proved to be a very good idea). Loved the recipe....loved the icing. :)

I know that Kelly has mentioned that our littlest has had some health things going on (i'm posting a picture so you can see who it is that you've been praying for)...
thank you so much for praying for us! Things are improving and we continue to have follow-up appointments every 3 or so weeks. I've been so thankful for how often I've heard friends tell me that their friends are praying or their church is praying....complete strangers showing us their support has been a blessing!
Needless to say, we haven't been very hospitable...it's been a semi-inward time for our family with Leighton being sick and the 7 of us passing a bad cold around for 5 weeks. However, we have been shown hospitality (wikipedia says: Hospitality is also known as the act of generously providing care and kindness to whoever is in need.). We have had many random needs filled by friends close by (meals, grocery shopping for us, watching 1 or more kids, folding laundry, spending time with me while I had to spend hours and days in the hospital) as well as far away (praying, sending money, gift cards for a meal, grandma driving 16 hours to spend a week with us, daily phone calls to check in)....it has been a sweet picture of hospitality to my extroverted heart....and a challenge to me as I think through "generously providing care and kindness to whoever is in need". Kindness is hospitality?? definitely something to remember.
Anyways, thank you. You are much appreciated.

No comments: