Sunday, February 8, 2009

Tracy's Stamping Party



Handmade cards. We used stamps. Aren't they cool?

I am a stationary addict. I spend hours in card stores looking at stationary.

This week I got an email from a new friend, Tracy, that lives in my community. She asked if I'd like to come over to her house, once a month, to hand make cards.

She designs the cards, we just come in, sit down and make them. She'll teach us if we don't know how. We have to pay $10/month in supply charges, but she does the rest. This was a win-win situation for me. I like crafty things, it was a good chance for me to meet other women in my area, and I didn't have to design the card or buy any "expensive starter kit" to get going. I just had to show up.

It was fun! Tracy had yummy snacks, music in the background and there was a bunch of good conversation. I met women from all over the United States and at different stages in life. Some worked outside of the home, some didn't. It was just good to hang out.

Tracy's stumbled on to a good idea...have your friends over, share something you love to do with them and just relax.

No comments: