Sunday, May 18, 2008

Baby Carrots

Ever notice how sometimes baby carrots are really bigger than bite size? Some times they can get kinda fattish.

My sister-in-law, Joy, came over to help me with the first party I ever threw at my house last year. She really was at my home for moral support b/c honestly I had no clue what I was doing. She asked me how she could help and I suggested that she could arrange the veggie tray. I pulled out a bag of baby carrots and expected her to wash and plop them down on the tray.

Joy washed the baby carrots and proceeded to pull out a cutting board and sliced the baby carrots in half and sometime quarters. Now, I was completely baffled by this. As I examined what she was doing, I realized that she was a genius! First of all, a lot of times the baby carrots are too big and it is awkward trying to eat them because they require such a big bite. So, the smaller pieces are more gracious for someone trying to maintain some manners, it is easier to carry on a conversation b/c you don't feel like you've got a huge piece of food in your mouth, it is probably a lot nicer to your teeth and it makes for more veggies to serve. Also, I find the carrots are addictive at the smaller size, a good snack for folks.

Baby Carrots is also the name of the first song my hubby ever wrote for me. (I know! How cool, I married a guy that writes me songs!)

2 comments:

Tom Mirabella said...

Your husband sounds like a real dweeb.

:)

Kelly said...

I told Ty about your comment. He did the pig snort laugh. Just thought I'd share.