Friday, May 16, 2008

Easy Banana Nut Bread

I used to make my banana nut bread from scratch. But recently I was in a time crunch and decided to pick up a banana nut bread mix and just add real bananas to it. It's less expensive than making from scratch.

It worked! And it as better than my homemade 'nana bread and a lot less trouble.

I use Krusteaz banana nut muffin mix. Follow the directions for the banana bread on the back of the box and just add 1 1/2 real bananas to the mix. I find that it takes longer in my oven than 50 minutes to bake-but you'll know once you stick a toothpick in the center or not if it is done.
I've made it this way several times and gotten lots of complements. I try to keep a box or two in my pantry all the time.

My 3 year old goes in the pantry every week and asks if we can make some 'nana bread. It's become a nice once a month cooking lesson for us both. It's been a good lesson in hospitality for her too, because it has taught her how fun it is to share something you've baked. She usually shares it with her dad, because he's her best friend.

No comments: