Monday, May 5, 2008

My Company Meal...

I have a company meal. My husband, I believe, has gotten a bit tired of my company meal....however, I continue to make it because it is easy to prepare and make and it is tasty. The recipe is stuffed chicken rolls....we would make it in my apartment senior year in college.
Ingredients:
4 chicken breasts (filleted to make 8 pieces)
3 oz. package of cream cheese
2 Tbsp of dried chives
Bread crumbs
salt and pepper to taste
Pound the chicken fillets with a mallet (or wooden spoon), Mix cream cheese and chives together and spoon 1/8 of the mixture into center of chicken, Roll the chicken up and roll in bread crumbs. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes or until chicken is done.
Serve with green bean casserole and rice.
I'd post a picture, but I don't have one right now...anyways, the recipe is a fine recipe...but the concept of a "company meal" is what has freed me up to enjoy having people over to our house for dinner. Granted, I need to have a 2nd company meal for people who come over more than once...but that's beside the point. The point is, because I've perfected this meal, I always have the ingredients on hand to make this meal....I am able to put it together quickly enough to not stress about it...and it tastes great! Feel free to try and make this dinner...but I would encourage you (more so) to find a meal that you can prepare relatively easily and make your own company meal. :) We have had about 13 families from church over to our house for dinner (not including people from outside of our church) and I think that at least 9 or 10 of those families have eaten my company meal. Crazy, eh? Like I said, my husband is a little tired of this meal.... but for my sanity he'll eat it.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Thanks for sharing your first post Karen!