Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Election Party


Well, the thing to do on November 4th this year was to have an Election Party. I don't know if you saw all the magazine articles on how to throw one, but I thought it was a really cool idea. I saw everything from Donkey and Elephant sugar cookies (symbols of the two major political parties) to suggested wines to drink with your All-American Dinner.


I walked into a friend's house today and she had a table decorated because she had an Election Party. She got the bottom tablecloth for $1 and the other one she had. She had some leftover flowers and stuck them in flower container she had. Isn't this fun?


I talked to another friend last night who wasn't sure she was going to like the way the elections turned out, she isn't unAmerican-she just voted for the other guy! But she gathered with other like minded people and cooked comfort food that they all enjoy.


Guess I need to mark my calendar for the first Thursday in November 2012 for my very first Election Party.

No comments: