Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Frozen Bread Tip




When I was living in St. Louis, we had a friend that was an amazing hostess. Good grief, she had the gift! She introduced me to Rhodes frozen bread. Now you can get five loaves of this frozen stuff for what you pay for a regular old loaf of Honey Wheat Bread from the grocery store. The thing is you have to bake it. So you probably break even in the end.

But, we love to bake this bread for people when we prepare meals for them and my eldest daughter loves this stuff. When she's had a long week at school, I will lay the bread out to thaw and rise overnight and put in the oven before she gets up in the morning. She'll eat a slice for breakfast and I'll pack some in her lunch.
This is a good alternative for people like me, who don't have time to make bread from scratch, but enjoy warm bread from the oven.

The trick is to find out the method of thawing that works best for you. You might have try it a couple of times before you get it right. You can find this bread at SuperWalmart or SuperTarget or the grocery store in the freezer section.


No comments: