Saturday, November 1, 2008

Cake, Ice Cream and Family

Angel Food cake, with whip cream icing, strawberries and halloween toys for decoration.
Ice Cream with warm apples, vanilla carmel ice cream, chocolate sauce and crushed nuts. It was really good!!! (T.O.- if I forgot anything let me know!)

Simple flower centerpiece. I love the sunflowers.


We had a birthday party this week for my friend and brother-in-law. The cake was yummy and something that was introduced to me by my in-laws about 10 years ago! (I can't believe I've been a part of this crowd for that long now!) You have to keep it in the fridge b/c the icing is actually whip cream. It is so yummy, especially with the strawberries. Kids can help decorate, which makes it more fun. My kids are traditional birthday cake lovers, so this doesn't go over well with them...but that's okay with me, more for me!
My sister does a variation of this cake. She gets and angel food cake, puts it on an cake stand. Ices it with cool-whip (or maybe it was whip cream as well). And prepares frozen strawberries as directed on the package and pours it over top of the cake as garnish/decoration. Puts it in the fridge. It is gorgeous and yummy too!
Menu:
Spaghetti with meatballs (homemade YUMMMMMM!)
Bread
Simple salad with lettuce and tomato, with some sort of citrus dressing
Cake and Ice Cream for dessert
Red Wine, Water

No comments: