Saturday, July 12, 2008

A House Warming Gift


Our family has been invited to a few housewarming parties lately. I've been thinking a lot about a gift to bring to the homeowners, as they've opened up their home for you to come by.


Here's what I came up with for the last party we attended. Not too expensive. We got a decorative box we had and filled it with 3 herb plants- oregano, rosemary and cilantro. Then we made a little card on a popsicle stick and stuck it in the plant.


Our hosts love to cook and I think will dabble in gardening, so we're hoping they'll enjoy it.

I've got a few more thoughts for housewarming gifts: a good bottle of wine, orchid, return address labels with their new address, book labels with their new address, My Yellow Pages, I've even seen someone give a small subscription to the local paper for their small town.



No comments: