Friday, July 4, 2008

Pretty Much Strangers.

Yesterday we had dinner guests, which was super fun, because we didn't know them at all! In fact, they didn't even know my name until they arrived. How often do you do that? I don't think I've ever done that. We've had folks that know little about us over, but never complete strangers. It was really fun. Give it a try!

One thing I've learned from the few times we've had people we knew little about and now people we knew nothing about was that you can't depend on your main dish. If you don't know much about them, it's hard to figure out what to cook. So I've made it a habit to have a really good salad, with multiple choices for dressing, a good loaf of bread and brownies or chocolate chip cookies for dessert.

I figure if the main dish isn't good for them, they can pile on the salad and bread. And most people appreciate a simple brownie and choc. chip cookie.

No comments: