Tuesday, July 29, 2008

How did I do?

Well, the other night during my post about not worrying so much about what other people thought of me and thinking about how much God loves me---my in laws called and were going to "drop-in".

Now there was a time when I would have had a freak out and at even the thought of unexpected company---BUT this time I behaved myself. I cleaned the dinner dishes off the table and swept popcorn kernals off the floor and then I thought about how nice it was they were stopping by.

There was a lot that wasn't "perfect" that night, but I managed to sit and snuggle my kids while I waited for company, instead of scurry about the house trying to make it all look just right.

So, while I did well not to freak out--I still saw what wasn't perfect. I think I am making progress with God's help.

I want you to know that you are an important SOMEBODY to Him and so am I. Maybe we can learn this lesson together.

" The Lord your God is with you. He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing." Zephaniah 3:17 (A Bible Verse)

No comments: