Sunday, July 20, 2008

Inexpensive, Fun Kid Entertainment

A friend recently had a 4th of July gathering and had her guests decorate cupcakes and then she placed the cupcakes in a cupcake tree for the centerpiece of her table. It was super cute! And later they served for a great kids dessert.

I decorated cupcakes with 4 of my favorite little girls this week and it was sooooo much fun! It was hit with the girls. I sent the cupcakes home with our guests, and they had already made a list of people they wanted to share them with. And they were so excited about it.

I love the attitude kids have. They make things and they are eager to share them. I watched each one of those girls decorate a cupcake for someone special. They thought about what the person might like and did the best they could to make it special for the person. They kept it simple and just had fun. Then they were bubbling with excitement to share them.

I think I learned a couple of great lessons from our cupcake Entertainment. 1) 3 year old curly headed girls like to eat the cupcakes as soon as they decorate them. And if you don't watch them carefully they will bite the center out of their portion of cupcakes. And double dip in their icing. 2) Sharing what you bake/cook/make should be fun, not stressful. 3) There is so much joy in sharing with others.

No comments: