Monday, September 22, 2008

Tiny Cinnamon Rolls



I made this recipe this morning b/c I had all the ingredients in my house. I took the recipe from the Southern Living Christmas Cookbook. Prep. time took about 8-10 minutes. Cooking time was 15 minutes. Our family gives them a thumbs up.

Tiny Cinnamon Rolls

1 (8-counce) can refrigerated crescent rolls
1 Tbs. granulated sugar
1 Tsp. ground cinnamon

Preheat oven to 375. Unroll cresent rolls into 4 rectangles; pinching preforations within rectangles to seal. In a bowl, stir together granulated sugar and cinnamon: sprinkle mixture evenly over rectangles. Roll up, in jelly roll fashion, starting with long side. Pinch edges to seal Gently cut each log into 5 slices, and place in a lightly greased round cakepan. Bake at 375 degrees fro 15 minutes.

Icing

2/3 cup sifted powered sugar (I used about half b/c I am not a huge icing fan)
2 tsp milk
2 drops vanilla extract

Combine powdered sugar, milk and vanilla in a bowl, stirring until smooth. Drizzle over warm cinnamon rolls. Serve immediately. Yield:20 rolls (if you used a 6 oz can it's 15 rolls)

No comments: