Tuesday, September 2, 2008

I Just Can't Do It

I just can't get over being squeamish about having people into my house when it is a complete wreck. Now there is a little messy and a complete wreck. I was sick for a couple of days in a row, and my hubby in typical fashion, was swamped with committments and when he could he took over kid duty---this pretty much is a good formula for dishes stacked high in the sink, popcorn on the floor, shoes piled high by the front door, lunch still on the table and laundry on the couch waiting to be folded--a big wreck.

How do I get over this? I am really not sure. There is nothing wrong with people seeing the way you live-in fact, I am probably the only person that really has a problem with the way my house looks.

1 Peter 4:9 (from the Bible) says, "Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling". Maybe I need post notes around my house that say "NO GRUMBLING." Last week we had a Bible study at our house and we talked about complaining. Good grief, I must sound like such a whiner to God.

Here is the thing though, I am realizing more and more-that they greater my weaknessess--the greater is His strength.

Now back to asking God to forgive me for being such a knuckle head and ask Him for his strength.

1 comment:

Tobryant said...

When life piles up around your ears you can always reach out. It is an actual a blessing that misery loves company. Find someone else who is struggling to keep it in the road and help each other.

Romans 8:26

26In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings to deep for words.