Saturday, August 30, 2008

A Labor Day Get Together

I have this song running around in my head from Sesame Street "Oooooh, who are the people in your neighborhood, in your neighborhood, in your neighhhhhboooorhood..."

I know some folks in my neighborhood and they are great!

I am writing from my couch tonight, as I've not been able to get out enjoy our culdesac's annual Labor Day gathering this year because I'm not feeling well. Bummer for me. But I did stop in for a few minutes and I can tell from the laughter that I hear outside my window that everyone is still having a great time. Plus, one of my children and my husband are still missing b/c they are out having fun.

Our culdesac rocks! We have one family that organized our gathering this year. The theme was to kick off "Football Season". They had fun football decorations and everyone was encouraged to show their team spirit by wearing team t-shirts and jerseys. The hosting family, put together some staples for eating and drinking and they encouraged all of their guests to bring their favorite appetizer to share.

There is still time to follow our neighbor's lead...there are two more days in this holiday weekend! Go for it!

No comments: